February 3, 2008

coconut chilli chicken

I loved to cook when I was young, especially sweet stuff. I can remember making endless batches of chocolate eclairs when one of the Girls' Annuals I used to be given every Xmas featured the recipe. So when my kids were growing up I kind of expected them to start hanging around the kitchen wanting to help. It didn't happen, but sometime between leaving home and now, they both turned into great cooks. Nick is a bit of a curry expert, while Georgie likes cooking modern style food, especially with Thai flavours, and rarely makes anything twice.

Here's the absolutely scrumptious dinner she cooked tonight .....

coconut, lime & chilli chicken (serves 4)

1Tab peanut oil

2 red chillies, seeded and chopped

finely grated rind of 2 limes

1Tab sugar

12 chicken tenderloins

100g baby spinach

300g beans, blanched

dressing

1 red chilli, seeded and chopped

1/2 cup coconut milk

1/4 cup coriander leaves

juice of 3 limes

1 Tab fish sauce

Heat oil in pan. Fry chillies, rind and sugar for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook 2 mins each side until golden. Mix dressing ingredients to combine. Place spinach leaves and beans in serving dish, top with chicken and pour over dressing.


I said it looked far too much for the three of us but we polished off the lot.


No comments: