February 27, 2008

mini cakes!



I saw these adorable toy cakes on paris breakfasts a couple of weeks ago and had to have some too! I've just unpacked them - they took just 10 days to arrive from Hong Kong.


They satisfy two of my passions - cakes and all things miniature!

The macaroons bring back memories of Laduree in Paris where we first bought some real ones and Georgie and I thought we'd died and gone to heaven. Jeff and I had them again in London when we had afternoon tea in Laduree Harrods, and again in Tokyo where we tried two or three different kinds - including Pierre Herme's - from the wonderful department store Isetan Shinjuku.

I nearly got thrown out for snapping the pic above in Harrods! So when we sat down I took this one just to spite them...


How cute are these cheese straws...


The bears wish they had a pot of tea to have with their cakes...


Now I gotta find me a little bakery display case.

1 comment:

Agnes said...

Ohmy, they're so cute! I want some too :D How many sets did you get?