February 10, 2008

little cheesecakes

I've resolved that now I'm a lady of leisure one of my tasks will be to go through the years of cookery mags I've accumulated and clip out the recipes I want to make. Today I ploughed through a year's worth of delicious, and by the end I had a bit of a system going. I read through the readers' letters and any recipes they said they'd made and enjoyed from a previous month, I looked back and cut them out. As well as the ones I liked the look of. Starting tonight I'm making the effort to cook all the recipes I've cut out. So for dessert tonight - individual cheesecakes with raspberry toppping.

For the base :

Process 55g plain sweet biscuits in food processor, add 1/3 cup almond meal and 30g melted butter and process until combined. Press into a paper-lined muffin tin.

For the topping:

Preheat the oven to 200C. Place 150g frozen raspberries in a shallow oven-proof dish, sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar and bake for 15 mins, stirring once or twice. Allow to cool to room temperature.

Lower oven temp to 140C.

For the cheesecake:

Process 500g cream cheese until smooth. Add 3/4 cup sour cream, 2 eggs, a scant cup caster sugar and 1 tspn vanilla and process until smooth again. Pour over bases (I only had enough filling for 8 so I had to discard 4 of the biscuit-lined papers - next time I'll slightly decrease the amount of base ingredients) and bake for 30 mins.

Allow to cool in the tins, remove and chill. Spoon over raspberry topping to serve.


Delicious!



No comments: